So you’re making the big step. You’re taking the plunge. Getting attached to the ol’ ball and chain. Don’t get the wrong idea. Having a steady love has a tremendous amount of advantages. But if you’re a dude, there are some things you are going to have to get used to (and ladies, you might want to check this out, too, so you appreciate what your man is doing for you).
• Your weekend – you might be able to squeeze out Sunday’s game with the fellas, but much of your weekend is going to used for quality time with your s.o. (significant other) or performing the tasks you have been assigned – mowing the lawn, cleaning the garage, bathing Rover.
• No more gal pals. Those silly little texts, the taps on the butt… all that goes down the pooper now. Your girl is No. 1 now, No. 1 and only, that is.
• Nix the flirting. It ‘s a no-no now. No more playful banter with the waitress at the IHOP or winking at the girl that makes your coffee at Starbucks. Oh, you can still do it, but only if you want to create friction between you and your steady boo.
• Cut down on the indulgences. Those nights with the boys when you got totally wasted – uh-uh. You got someone to go home to now, someone who is not going to take lightly to finding upchuck inside the front door.
• Your wallet – it’s not just yours anymore. She has access to it to pay for the pizza, get shopping money, etc. So your budget is quite a bit less now.
• Your space gets smaller. You will get less of the closet, fewer drawers and some of your stuff will be relegated to the garage or storage. Oh, and those macho black sheets, consider them gone. They will be replaced by a floral pattern that matches the curtains.
• Your identity will change. Remember, it’s not Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt anymore – it’s Brangelina. Even Kanye West lost his identity when he hooked up with Kim Kardashian – it’s Kimye now.
Being couple has tons of advantages and they are probably worth more that what you think you have to give up!